Lead Magnet Examples: Why Thank You Pages are Critical
“Thank You” in the context of today’s capital driven world may seem like a formality. However, in the world of Inbound Marketing, “Thank You” is one of the most powerful elements of capturing online leads. Let’s consider the three most important statistics when it comes to measuring Inbound Success.
The Inbound Big Three:
Visitor’s Path to the “Thank You” Page
Thank You pages are one of Inbound’s “Big Three” for a very important reason. Reflect on the path that the average stranger will follow through your Inbound funnel.
- Your visitors make it to your site because of your SEO.
- They scan your web pages because of the relevant content
- They click on your offers because of their perception of its value and your demonstrated thought leadership (find out more about creating lead magnets)
- The visitor now finds themselves on your well constructed landing page, and they submit personal information to your form in exchange for your content offer
In the past, marketers and web managers may have followed this step with an email or an in-line “Thank You” message, but a seasoned Inbound Marketer knows to direct this new contact to a “Thank You” page.
Why a “Thank You” Page?
Why a “Thank You” page when there are so many other options available for you to reach out to your new contact? “Thank You” pages:
- Allow for you to deliver the offer to your new contact
- Enable you to build trust by keeping up your end of the deal (their information for your valuable content)
- Facilitate the next step: you can put a new form on the “Thank You” page so that your new contact can move through the funnel at an accelerated pace, if desired
- Provide the means for social sharing (this provides more inbound links to improve your SEO, and more opportunities for finding online leads)
The visitor’s path to your “Thank You” page takes time, and involves hours of thought and testing. In addition, a “Thank You” page is only one step in your Inbound Marketing funnel. If you need more guidance on how to generate a lead magnet to attract more contacts and convert more customers, come learn with us at Enfusen.