What is a NAP?
NAP stands for Name, Address, Phone Number. NAP is critical for businesses wishing to rank well in the local organic search results, because search engines like Google take the data into account when determining which companies to show for geo-targeted searches. What can businesses do with their NAP to boost their local search rankings?
Where should you find a NAP: The NAP on the client’s site should be the same as the one on their Google My Business Listing
What is the process for using MCC to do Local Citation Building?
MCC’s Citation Engine is broken into three parts.
- Your current citations that are complete
- Your current citations that have issues (need verified)
- Your competitors citations (which points out opportunities to get more citations)
How to start working on your citations:
- Login to mcc.enfusen.com
- Navigate to “Enfusen” in the search bar
- From the main dashboard, click on “View Details” in the “Citation Audit Data” section in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Opportunity” section at the top of the screen.
- From here, you can view the Citations that need to be corrected.
- In the “Domain” column, click on the citation link to the left to open up a window to view the listings on that site.
How to outline your citations:
As you are completing citations, it is important to document the instructions on how to complete each citation.
- In the Google Doc, find and record instructions for each citation as you complete them.
- Here is where you will outline what needs to be done for each citation, the instructions on how to complete each one, and keep login information.
- Note that the login information for each citation may be different for a few reasons:
- It’s a social media account (Master login)
- It’s a previous claim (client has done previous work)
- It’s a new claim (Master login)
How to read the Enfusen Citation Report
- What is your Citations Score?
- Your citation score is a calculation of the total number of verified listings you have divided by your total number of mentions. The goal would be that 100% of your mentions are verified (have the correct NAP).
- What does ‘needs attention’ mean on the Enfusen Citation Tool?
- These are the places where your company’s NAP is listed on the internet. The tool will tell you exactly what needs to be fixed with each citation (name, address, phone, or website URL).
- Can every issue on the citation report be fixed?
- The simple answer is no. Some sites do not publish full NAPs. You need to fix that you can and then document what you can’t.
- What do I do if there are duplicate listings?
- If you can, you want to remove any duplicate listings to ensure that the search engines and your potential customers find only one place to interact with your business. This means less management work in the future.
- In some cases you can not control duplicates. Some examples are internal pages to a Facebook Business Page. You may see under your Facebook Citation Profile (or other citations) that our tool is picking up multiple pages from the same account. In this case just document the issues in the notes section and move on to the next citation.
- Is it always possible to get a 100% score?
- While we do strive towards a 100% score even in our own marketing, it is not always possible. The goal of the tool is to help you clearly see what can (and cannot be updated). Take advantage of the opportunity to improve but don’t kill yourself on things that cannot be changed (sounds more life a philosophy for life than a rule for citation management).
- Are citations only for local marketing campaigns?
- No, citations are critical for both local and national campaigns. There is no better way to get high authority domain links to your site.
- What are Citation Opportunities?
- To ‘win’ the citation game you need to have one more citation that your competition. The Enfusen Citation Competition Tool looks at the top 10 competitors in your space (primary keyword + geo-location) to reverse engineer your competitors citations. This gives you a road map of opportunity. Use the tool to see what citations your competitors have, claim those citations, win the ‘one-more’ citation game.
What are citations
Why Citations Are Important to the Success of Your Local Business – https://moz.com/learn/local/citations
Where to Get Citations to Improve Your Local Search Engine Rankings – https://moz.com/learn/local/how-to-get-citations
The Definitive Guide to Claiming Your Local Search Listings – https://moz.com/learn/local/guide-to-claiming
Local Citations: A Step by Step Guide – https://crushlocalseo.com/local-citations-guide/
Working with Google My Business
Add or claim your business listing – https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en
Someone else verified my business – https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en